Valentines is over, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t surprise your certain someone (or better yet – yourself!) with this fresh and decadent dessert! Any day is as good as the other when it comes to love, strawberries and chocolate – or the love of strawberries and chocolate. This dessert combines sweet and fluffy strawberry mousse with bitter-sweet and velvety chocolate ganache that melts on the tongue. TIP: if you want even more chocolate, just make twice as much ganache! Serving tip: crumble up some of our sweet and soft vanilla & strawberry cookies and freeze dried strawberries to top of this delichous strawberry mousse with chocolate ganache, or simply with some fresh strawberries.
- 200 g (7 oz) frozen strawberries - thawed
- 2 dl (3/4 cups) heavy whipping cream cream
- 2 - 3 tsp gelatine powder (depending on how you like your mousse - very airy or a little more "compact")
- 2 - 3 tbs lukewarm water
- 2 - 3 tbs swerve or other sweetener of choice (1:1)
- 50 g (1.8 oz) dark chocolate - sugar-free or minimum 85% cocoa
- 0,5 dl (1/4 cup) heavy whipping cream (or 1 dl/ ⅓ cup if you want a more liquid sauce)
- Optionally: Sweetener and/or extract / essences if desired.
- Add gelatin and lukewarm water in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until firm peaks form.
- Puree strawberries and sweetener until smooth.
- Dissolve gelatin in the microwave for 10-15 seconds or until it is completely liquid.
- Add strawberry purée to gelatin and miks well.
- Gently fold the cream into the strawberry mixture - keep it as airy as possible.
- Divide into 4 bowls and let cool for at least 5 hours. Make ganache right before serving.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Bring the cream and optional sweetener/extract to boiling point and pull the pan off the plate.
- Add chocolate to the cream and leave for about 1 minute.
- Mix well with a spatula until you get a smooth sauce. If the ganache gets grainy, simply add a splash of cream to it and put the kettle back on the plate without turning on the heat. Stir well.
- Spread on the chilled strawberry mousse and decorate with some crushed strawberry and vanilla cookies (link to recipe further up) and freeze-dried strawberries, or fresh strawberries.